Starting in May 2015 we are shifting away from a retail store model and concentrating on providing quality subscription services – delivery and pick-up options are available for those who live in Toronto.
– there is no membership fee and there are no additional service fees. You pay for what you order, we get paid from our share of the difference between product costs and the final price.
– the comics you want
– all products are US cover price in Canadian dollars (using the exchange rate we received the books under – variable per week). All comics are bagged and boarded to ensure that they will be protected.
– all subscribers receive a copy of Diamond Previews (includes Marvel Previews) for free and an order booklet. ($5 value).
– notifications of items on sale
– access to our inventory of items, if you are looking for a specific older book, let us know and we can usually procure it for you from our stock, order it for you or poll our network of contacts to see if we can get one for you.
– we will order the comics for you and have them available for you on release day so that you don’t have to worry about us selling out. Variant covers may require a surcharge if we have to order additional copies to reach the ordering threshold.
– we send you a list by email each week of products coming in and if you want any additional comics or books you can reply to the email and we will put them in your file for pick up or delivery,
– As a subscriber you are the first to learn about our special events, gallery shows and any events we will be attending for special order items and CGC submissions.
– payment upon receipt of goods. We will invoice you by email each week. Payment upon receipt by cash or cheque. Advance payment by credit cards are accepted.
– For more expensive items such as statues and toys, we may ask you to put a deposit down.
– For new customers with large orders, we may ask for a credit card on file. We will not bill cards without permission.
– FREE delivery to Toronto residents on the subway line (to your home or work) by our staff during office hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
– FREE evening delivery to GTA locations on Wednesday and Thursday evenings (by vehicle)
– We will have two pick-up locations
(A) College Street and University Avenue area – Weekdays between 11AM and 7PM by appointment
(B) Eglinton Avenue and Oriole Parkway area (West of Yonge, East of Avenue Road) – Weekends by appointment.
– Also, we do a lot of local shows – your items can be brought to these events for pick-up.
The Eglinton and Oriole Parkway location will be the new Comic Book Lounge + Gallery, with a receiving area and some new issue racks but will not be open to the public. It is in a secure building, visitors will be buzzed in. We will be hosting some private events at this location – movie screenings, gaming nights.